WHAT IS A CLOUD VoIP?
Cloud-based phone systems have become very popular otherwise also known as internet calling, hosted PBX, or Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP). It is because of the increase in the universality of cloud storage across all aspects of a business.
A cloud VoIP is a phone service that allows you to make calls over the internet rather than a traditional analog phone that uses copper wires or optical fibers to make a connection.
VoIP will allow you to make or receive calls anywhere as long as there is an internet connection. You can call from a variety of devices such as your laptop, smartphone, tablet, or desktop computer. Also, you can use the same business phone number anywhere for both making and receiving calls. There are still more you can get when your business transitions into a hosted VoIP option.
HOSTED VoIP vs. TRADITIONAL PHONE SYSTEM
A lot of businesses are shifting to hosted phone systems because of the convenience. Another attractive feature is its low cost compared to its counterpart. If you want to determine if VoIP is the right solution for your business? Here is a comparison to the traditional phone lines.
Traditional telephones work by connecting phone systems to the public network. It is usually housed by the business itself, in an equipment room, or phone closet. These networks use ISDN or PSTN.
In more modern setups the traditional phones can work through VoIP. This uses the current phone lines with the existing internet connections. Because it only uses the internal network, calls on the same network do not have to use the internet. This would be a good choice if the company has a large amount of intra-company calls from the same geographical location.
Cloud VoIP takes the concept further. The phones are not routed through the traditional networks at all. Thus, it allows you to make calls over the internet instead of using traditional LAN lines. Hence, any computing device can use cloud calling for voice communication.
A network provider will handle all the necessary technologies you need. The service provider is always upgrading the back end and firmware upgrades.
CLOUD VoIP FEATURES
There are many features cloud-based phone systems have to offer. Analog phones can be somewhat limited in their features, while cloud phones can add and update features as they become available. These are some of the features.
- Cloud communication is the complete bundle of communication services. It includes telephony, instant messaging, video conferencing, and any other form of communication. All this is included in the bundle.
- A unified communications solution consolidates your business phone system, voicemail, instant message or chat, video conferencing, and faxing. Aside from that, it can also integrate with email, web apps, social media, and tools like a CRM.
- Working remotely needs a business to have an easy and reliable video conferencing solution. Many cloud-based phone systems offer video conferencing as part of their packages, so you don’t have to pay extra for it as an add-on feature.
- These cloud phones are internet-based so you do not get long-distance charges when you receive international calls. Long-distance and international calling are included as free features in most cloud phone packages. This is a good feature that will save you from spending more.
- This feature enables users to receive or place calls on multiple devices from the same number. When the work number is called, both the user’s desk and smartphone, for example, will ring, and the user can choose which one to answer. You can also transfer calls between devices.
- Cloud system providers are using AI to provide customer service and perform functions like speech-to-text and sentiment analysis. This saves manual labor and will let employees do other tasks.
- Instant messaging is text-based communication. It allows for real-time communication that can be run through several devices, including desktop computers and smartphones. Instant messaging adds a layer of communication that is responsive and leaves information in writing that can be referenced later.
- Call forwarding enables you to forward incoming calls to your cell phone or any other number you want. It takes calls to one number and redirects them to another line. Cloud-based call forwarding essentially works just like traditional call forwarding.
- Have you heard an automated voice menu that you often use in business calls? That is an auto attendant. With auto-attendant, it helps reduce the communication workload of persons in the business. Once the calls are properly directed, individuals can take calls or further automation services can resolve issues (e.g., voicemail).
- Collaboration tools include file sharing, video or audio conferencing. Also, it includes real-time project contributions and other tools that help people work together without being in the same room or country.
- Voicemail-to-email transcribes a voicemail and sends it as an audio file to an email address. This allows the recipient to access their voicemail without using a voice mailbox. The emailed file is accessible with a wider range of devices. Typically, it will not clog or exceed data limitations. It allows the recipient to revisit the voicemail for as long as necessary.
- Cloud integrations combine a large number of resources into a single cloud package or suite. The same service provider that allows for large-scale data storage and analytics can also handle voice calls. By consolidating services through integrated platforms, powerful tools are made accessible and easy to use.
BENEFITS OF A CLOUD VoIP
Forget about the days of running sixteen cables through your building for each workstation, or of trying to workspace around the phone lines.
With Cloud VoIP phones, you can plug an ethernet cord in the phone and the other one into the computer. Both of the systems get internet. That will save you the problem of finding the exact spot in your office where both the internet and phone cords reach.
Also, you don’t need to worry about your phone when unprecedented circumstances happen. Phone service continues as usual, and administrators can reroute calls to best suit operations. Isn’t it great?
Undoubtedly, VoIP systems are equipped with all the standard features of phone systems. Also, it has additional features like integrated mobile apps, voicemail, and email integration, call recording, conferencing, interoffice paging, on-hold music, unlimited calling, directory assistance, and many more.
Good thing, every user’s phone can be customized. Cloud VoIP phone systems come packaged with an online portal. Each phone can have user-specific quick dials, ring groups, and much more.
There are also a host of management features offered with a Cloud VoIP system. These include an admin panel where a qualified user can access call logs, a call flow system, reporting, user-specific information, and extension customization.
VoIP additional lines are affordable and simple to set up. These are very helpful in scaling up the growth of your business.
With Cloud VoIP phone systems, it improves productivity and the ability for your employees to communicate effortlessly wherever they are working. Moreover, the improvements are because the phone system supports cloud-based business applications and teleconferencing tools.
Indeed, a cloud VoIP is a cost saver. It saves the costs on the installation, monthly fees, and maintenance. Aside from that, Cloud VoIP systems are the cheapest phone solutions on the market today. Truly, it is a huge help especially for those who are still starting.
READY FOR IT?
During this uncertain time, many small to medium-sized businesses are struggling to keep up. A lot of industries have been affected during this pandemic. As a result of this global health crisis, many people are working from their homes. They opt for extendiorporate phone communications to so many locations. For smaller IT departments, it can be a real challenge. For this year, given those possible situations, it is right to consider moving to a cloud-based phone system.
Do not settle with an out-of-date and expensive system. Your organization could embrace a whole new remarkable idea of running a business.